How to correctly use a face mask?
As indicated by the security council, face masks play an important role in the exit strategy to emerge from the corona crisis. Agilitas has sent you reusable cloth face masks to wear during your activities. Beneath, we will show you how to correctly use and maintain such a face mask.
Correctly putting on a face mask
- Wash your hands thoroughly with water and soap before touching the mask.
- Take the mask by the straps and put it on your face.
- In any way, do not touch the interior of the mask.
- Tie the top straps onto the crown of your head and the bottom straps at the nape of the neck.
- See to it that the mask is as tightly strung as possible to your face.
- The mask has to cover your nose, chin and mouth.
- Do not touch the mask anymore when you wear it.
- Comply with the basic rules – even when wearing a mask -: wash your hands regularly, keep 1,5 meter away and avoid people when you feel ill.
How to remove a face mask?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with water and soap before touching the straps of the mask.
- Do not touch the mask.
- Untie the straps.
- Remove the mask without touching your face.
- Put away the mask immediately after usage in a sealed bag.
- Above all, do not forget to wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
How to keep a face mask?
How to clean a face mask?
- Wash the mask at least once a day: minimum at 60°C, preferably at 90°C. The mask may be washed with other clothes.
- Alternative: boil the mask during 5 minutes in a cooking pot.
- Be careful: putting masks in the (microwave) oven, keeping them in water vapor, sprinkling with alcohol or bleach or other tips that circulate on social media to disinfect masks do not work or damage the mask.
Haven’t found the answer to your question?
Do you still have questions after having read this information? Send us a message via e-mail.